Friday, August 17, 2018

This Is Me Now

My name is Eliza. I was named after strong women who came before me. My parents raised me and my two younger sisters to be strong, well-spoken, and independent women. I haven't always been the best daughter to them (is anyone actually a decent human at the age of 17?) but I hope to make up for some of that throughout the remainder of  my life as I've grown to be friends with both my mother and my father.

I like to say I grew up in Illinois, but I've lived in several states at this point and not one of them for any longer amount of time than the others. In total, I lived in Southern California for about 10 years, Colorado for about six or seven years on and off, Idaho for 10 years on and off, and Illinois for 10 years as well. My husband and I met and married in Denver Colorado and currently live in Eastern Idaho while he goes to school. Once he's finished here, we plan to move somewhere in Utah. I'm hoping for somewhere close to Salt Lake City.

I enjoy music, reading, and being creative. I've played piano since I was about 9 years old and was involved in choir and theater throughout my high school career. I grew up with my dad quizzing me on the classic rock songs that would play on the radio. He's big into punk and first wave music which has been a big influence on my own tastes. Living all over the place has also had some influence on my music taste. California and Denver had the most alternative music available to easily listen to which is my main genre of choice. In the last couple years, I've started to rely more on the internet since the radio in this part of Idaho is lacking to say the least. Because of that, my tastes have started to include more Broadway.

I've tried my hand at lots of different crafts and I've liked all of them so far. I like to say I'm a jack of all trades but master of none when it comes to crafting. I've done some crocheting, some sewing, some scrapbooking, some refurbishing, and most recently some lettering.

I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (read: Mormon). My faith has become an integral part of me especially in the last few years. I met my husband because of my church activity and plan to raise my new son in the church as well.


My husband and I were married 4 June 2016 in Denver Colorado. Our wedding was a fairytale and our marriage has been a rollercoaster. We've dealt with at least our share of struggles and not every day is sunshine and rainbows. He is such a blessing in my life though and I love him to pieces.


My son was born 2 May 2018 at 5:58am and my life was instantly changed forever. It was not an easy pregnancy, dealing with both hyperemesis gravidarum and gestational diabetes. In contrast, my labor and delivery were pretty smooth and easy. I've been blessed enough to be able to stay home with my little bub these first few months of his life, but I'll also be a working mama before too long yet. Staying home with him is amazing but if my hair weren't falling out by the pound postpartum, I would probably pull it all out some days. Notwithstanding, I'm already so head over heels for this little boy; I don't have the words.


I'm still so new to mom-ing and I barely feel like I'm any better at being a wife. I've started this blog because maybe there's somebody out there like me who just wants to know somebody else gets it. I'm just going one day at a time trying to figure out how to be Wife, Mama, and Me.



1 comment:

Disneyland with Baby

When I first found out I was pregnant, my parents were in the process of planning a big family trip to California including a day at Disney...